Tuesday, February 10, 2009

valentines day cookies

I really am not great at updating this. I am not a good blogger. Ah well..
I have actually made a few dinners, but I was too busy or too lazy to document it.

However, who dosent love cookies?


I use this old sugar cookie recipe from the 50's. It's classic and surprisingly easy.

Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter (I used salted, because un-salted gives me the creeps)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg yolk; slightly beaten
3 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together. In a bigger bowl, cream butter and add sugar gradually. Add egg yolk to butter and sugar and mix well. Add the dry ingredients alternately with milk, and add vanilla. Get the dough into a ball and throw it in the fridge to chill (I did for about an hour).

Roll out on a floured surface and cut out your shapes! Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet @ 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. I watch them carefully though, since every oven is different. Mine happens to burn stuff, so I get them out at closer to 8 mins.

*you get about 25 or so cookies.



There you have it. The icing is just egg whites with icing sugar and cream of tartar. It hardens up nicely. Im gonna sell some of these in little boxes at my parents ice cream and candy shop. If they don't sell, guess all my friends will be getting cookies this weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. ah you are so good at the cookie thing, it kills me. I wish I could have been there

    ReplyDelete