Monday, February 16, 2009

chicken. scares. me

So I am roasting a chicken currently...(post to come later)

Now, I have not handled many a whole chicken, my mom tried her best to teach me how to cook, but I never was really that interested in it, and then I left home.

.........Roasting chickens feel like naked dead baby-type things. There. I said it. I'm sorry.

I am traumatized. BUT...I managed to get it into a pan with my eyes squeezed shut and little shrieking, and I only dropped it once..(in the sink, people...it's FINE). When I actually started to season it and stuff, the whole "freaking out about the naked baby-ness" thing faded and I am now looking forward to eating him. Plus it's starting to smell really good in here, my husband is going to be surprised :)

So we will see how this all turns out...

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA, naked babies, totally!!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete