Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Morning Waffles!


Yeah so waffles aren't exactly cooking, but it's something alright!?
Actually, I did make chicken enchiladas from scratch on Tuesday night, but forgot to take pics, and then the enchiladas were gone before I even had a chance to look at them.
Anyways, I got a waffle maker from my brother for Christmas and I have used it a ton. I know waffle makers get a bad rap, they take up space and how often do people seriously make waffles?
Well I actually make them every couple weeks, they are so much more awesome then pancakes (I LOATHE pancakes..they are always SUCH a cruel disappointment..more on that another time)
Waffles freeze well, then, it's like homemade eggos, just toast them and go! Love that.

Basic Waffles

2 cups of flour
1 tbsp. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs (separated)
1 1/2 cups of milk
5 tbsp. melted butter

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix egg yolks, milk, melted butter and sugar in another bowl. Add milk/egg yolk mixture to the dry mix.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until they hold shape. Fold egg whites into the batter and mix. EASY right?

























I make them a little lighter than usual, only due
to the fact that they will be toasted later and get
darker.YUM. I cut squares of parchment paper
and layer it between the waffles before throwing
them in large ziploc bags and tossing them in the
freezer. I like these so much, that I don't even
care that my kitchen looks like a truck hit it when
I'm done. A truck filled with waffle batter...


















No comments:

Post a Comment