Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coffee Table WIN!


I found one! It was ugly at Value Village, with a $19 price tag, but for some reason it was calling out to me! haha

It doesn't fit any of my coffee-table-criteria, but sometimes you just gotta be open minded when it comes to thrift store furniture.

Anyways, a layer of primer, a few layers of turquoise and a hefty (and extremely smelly) layer of clear lacquer, and voila! I love it.

I also snapped up this guy:

I wasn't looking for anything like this, but it was just...sitting there...and I kept walking past it..and there was just something about it....in my head I was just like "yep...I'll be taking this one too".

I put it in my hall, and it's great, the drawers are huge and we can dump all of the ugly hall table crap inside of them (keys, receipts, mail...you know). The wood is pretty beat up, and maybe one day I will paint it something fun, but for now I'm cool with the wood.

Next furniture goal?
Settling on a new couch with the husband...he wants a sectional, I don't. I want something retro-mad-men inspired, maybe with tufting and buttons!,.. he wants more modern-classic.

In the end, I know I will win, and I say that in the nicest way possible, he is wonderful and always lets me win when it comes to putting together the house. I could have never married a man who doesn't trust my artistic vision! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment